Telehealth Innovators Challenge
How Are You Using Telehealth to Transform the Future of Healthcare?
Are you creating the latest digital health innovations for healthcare delivery to help eliminate gaps in access to care? Get ready to show the world!
The ATA2022 Telehealth Innovators Challenge is an exclusive opportunity to present your innovation in front of key stakeholders, investors, decision-makers and the global healthcare industry. Get ready to show the world how you are using telehealth to transform the future of healthcare in a live pitch competition at ATA2022, May 1-3, Boston! A panel of expert judges – and the whole telehealth industry – will determine who has the innovations that will impact care delivery and create a modernized, hybrid care delivery system! #telehealthishealth
The ATA will soon start accepting applications for its first-everATA2022 Innovators Challenge. We are seeking innovators to present their game-changing digital health ideas and novel solutions that will help expand access to care and help to bridge gaps in healthcare disparities.
We are seeking innovations within three key digital and telehealth solutions categories:
The Patient Experience
Software-centric digital solutions to expand care to patients when and where they need it, helping to improve healthcare outcomes, including:
- Digital Home Testing Solutions – broad access to home testing can expand the spectrum of ways telehealth can be used and expand the potential of tests that can be effectively done outside of a clinic or healthcare facility
- Digital Mental Health Solutions – digital solutions can help deliver mental health services to patients virtually, and provide expanded access to care in vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations
- Decentralized Clinical Trials –a decentralized, patient-centered approach can attract a more diverse population and eliminate existing barriers to participating in research studies, including COVID-related restrictions
Tools That Deliver Care
Digital and AI technologies that monitor patients and collect and integrate patient data across care settings and improve health outcomes, including
- Device or sensor-based remote monitoring solutions
- At-home and healthy aging technologies, such as robots in the home, sensor technology, medication dispensing
In-patient Care Solutions
Digital solutions that help patients in isolation or remote/healthcare deserts receive telehealth sessions, such as:
- Virtual tele-consults with clinicians
- Second opinion consultations with primary and specialty care providers
- Consults with a patient’s entire care community and care team, including clinicians, caregivers and family
Entries will first be reviewed by the ATA2022 Team, followed by a select panel of judges in the second round, based on specific criteria that will determine the top nine entries (three innovations will be selected per category). These nine entries will be invited to pitch their innovation live at ATA2022 in Boston. In the third and final round, held during ATA2022, our judges will select one winner from each category. In addition, in-person ATA2022 attendees and the virtual telehealth industry at large will be asked to vote for the Audience Choice Award!
Rounds One and Two
Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria to identify the top candidates in each of the three categories. The top nine candidates (three per category) will go on to the final judging round at ATA2022:
- Application: What healthcare challenge is the company trying to solve or what gap in care is it trying to fill? How will the solution address this?
- Availability: Do patients and clinicians currently have access to your solution? Is there available data? Does the product address an unmet patient need? How big is the potential market?
- Validation: Has the product or solution demonstrated effectiveness? Does it have FDA approval? Is there data or case studies demonstrating the response from clinicians? Patients?
- Consumer Adoption: Is the product or solution currently used in care delivery? What has been the impact on patients or clinicians?
- History of Success: What is the entrant’s and/or company’s track record in successfully hitting commercial milestones and/or launching a product?
- Product Originality: Does the solution bring to market benefits not already available to patients/clinicians or vastly improve what is currently available?
- Patient Outcomes: Has the solution improved access to care, patient convenience, engagement and outcomes? Has it improved the patient experience?
- Cost Benefit: Does the solution reduce the cost of care?
During ATA2022, in front of a live audience and our esteemed panel of judges, one winner from each of the three categories will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Reimbursement: Has the company secured reimbursement for its solution?
- Data: Has the company conducted a clinical trial or research study to validate the innovation?
- Novelty: Can the entrant demonstrate that this innovation offers a better or more effective solution and/or represents a breakthrough in the market?
- Timing: When will the solution be available to patients and/or providers, if not already on the market?
- Transformative: Is the solution designed to transform the current treatment paradigm for caring for individuals with an unmet need or global health crisis (i.e., COVID-19)?