Telehealth Innovators Challenge
How are You Using Telehealth to Transform the Future of Healthcare?
Are you creating the latest digital health innovations to help eliminate gaps in access to care? Get ready to show the world!
The ATA is excited to showcase the latest digital health innovations to help eliminate gaps in access to care. First-Round selections of the Innovators Challenge are complete!
Below are the 40 companies selected in the first round of judging in the ATA Innovators Challenge. These companies will now enter the second round of judging, where the top 12 finalists will be selected to present their innovations live onstage at ATA2023, March 6!
Meet the Winners
We are seeking innovations within four key digital and telehealth solutions categories:
In-patient Care Solutions
Digital solutions that help patients in isolation or remote healthcare deserts receive virtual care, such as:
- Virtual consults with clinicians
- Second opinion consultations with primary and/or specialty care providers
- Consults with a patient’s entire care community and care team, including clinicians, caregivers and family
The Patient Experience
Software-centric digital solutions to expand care to patients when and where they need it, helping to improve outcomes, including:
- Digital Home Testing Solutions: broad access to home testing can expand the spectrum of ways telehealth can expand the potential of tests used effectively outside a clinic or healthcare facility
- Digital Behavioral Health Solutions – digital solutions that can help deliver mental health services to patients virtually, and provide expanded access to care in vulnerable and hard-to-reach populations
- Decentralized Clinical Trials –a decentralized, patient-centered approach can attract a more diverse study population and eliminate existing barriers to participation in research studies, including COVID-related restrictions
- Patient Engagement Tools – digital and virtual tools and platforms that connect patients to providers and care teams, optimizing their care routine and experience
Tools that Deliver Care
Digital and artificial intelligence (AI) technologies that monitor patients and collect and integrate patient data across care settings and improve health outcomes, including:
- Device or sensor-based remote monitoring solutions
- At-home, healthy aging and patient safety technologies, such as robots in the home, sensor technology, medication dispensing
Femtech and Women’s Health
A growing, yet under-represented and under-funded category in healthcare, the femtech and women’s health category, includes digital solutions, products and devices that target and support female biological needs and health. These solutions address a range of women’s health needs to include applications and digital tools to support:
- Chronic conditions and hormonal disorders
- Pregnancy and postpartum
- Breast feeding
- Reproductive health
- Overall health and well-being
- Sexual wellness
Entries will first be reviewed by members of the ATA team, followed by a select panel of Innovators Challenge judges in the second round, based on specific criteria that will determine the top 12 entries (three innovations will be selected per category). These 12 entries will be invited to pitch their innovation live at ATA2023 in San Antonio. In the third and final round, held on Monday, March 6 during ATA2023. Our judges will select one winner from each category. In addition, in-person ATA2023 attendees and the virtual telehealth industry at large, will be asked to vote for the Audience Choice Award!
Rounds One (Qualifying) and Two:
Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria to identify the top candidates in each of the four categories:
- Application: What healthcare challenges are you trying to solve or what gap in care are you trying to fill? How will your solution address this?
- Availability: Do patients and clinicians currently have access to your solution? Do you have available data? Does it address an unmet patient need? How big is the potential market?
- Validation: Has your solution demonstrated effectiveness? Does your product or solution have U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval? Do you have data or case studies demonstrating the response from clinicians? Patients?
- Consumer Adoption: Is your solution currently used in care delivery? What has been the measurable impact on patients or clinicians?
- History of Success: What is your and/or your company’s track record in successfully hitting commercial milestones and/or launching a product
- Product Originality: Does your solution bring to market benefits not already available to patients/clinicians or vastly improve what is currently available? Does your solution truly stand out among others in the market?
- Patient Outcomes: Has your solution improved access to care, patient convenience and overall experience, engagement and outcomes?
- Provider Outcomes: Has your solution improved the provider experience, reduces burnout and administrative burden, improves patient/provider engagement and communication, improves overall workflow efficiency?
- Cost benefit: Does your solution reduce the cost of care?
During ATA2023, in front of a live audience and our esteemed panel of judges, one winner from each of the four categories will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Reimbursement: Have you secured reimbursement for your solution?
- Data: Have you conducted a clinical trial or research study to validate the innovation? Can you present measurable outcomes?
- Novelty: Can you demonstrate that your innovation offers a better or more effective solution and/or represents a breakthrough in the market?
- Timing: When will your solution be available to patients and/or providers, if not already on the market
- Transformative: Is your solution designed to transform the current treatment paradigm for caring for individuals with an unmet need or global health crisis (i.e., COVID-19)?
Each of the 12 finalists selected to present will receive one complimentary registration for their speaker to attend ATA2023. Travel and hotel accommodations are the responsibility of the attendee and will not be reimbursed by the ATA.
Extended to December 22, 2022, at 11:59PM EST
Please note the entry deadline – this date is final and there will be no extensions provided. The system will automatically prevent entry submission after the deadline.
First-Round Selections Announced
Week of January 16 – Round 1 (Qualifying) Reviews are Complete
Second-Round Selections Announced
Week of January 30, 2023
Live Innovators Challenge at ATA2023
March 6, 2023
Meet the 2022 ATA Telehealth Innovators Challenge Winners
Meet The Winners
We’re grateful for the support of our Sponsors who help make the Telehealth Innovator’s Challenge possible:
Wanxiang Healthcare Investments
Dr. Brittany Barreto
Lise Courtney D'Amico
Dr. Tracy Dooley
Jennifer Joe, MD
AstraZeneca Global Medical Strategy, VA Boston Healthcare System
Dr. Aditi U. Joshi
Nagamed LLC/Redesign Health, MDisrupt
Moffitt Cancer Center
Julia Monfrini Peev
PACE Healthcare Capital
Saya Nagori, MD
Dr. Rakesh Patel
Good Samaritan Hospital
Plug and Play
Former Executive Advisor to the Secretary, Veterans Affairs Center for Strategic Partnerships
Mass General Hospital Center for Innovation in Digital HealthCare
Going Digital: Behavioral Health Tech
Unity Point Health Ventures